Personal Information Protection Policy
About the Personal Information Protection Policy Definition of Personal Information
Personal Information is defined as the information about an individual user that can be identified by the name, address, telephone number, email address, school name, and other description contained in such information (including such information as will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual)
Acquisition and Collection of Personal Information
The SDJ collects personal information through lawful and fair means after clarifying its purpose of use and takes measures to limit the use to within the scope of the said purpose.
The SDJ may obtain personal information by the methods set forth below.
- For the provision of the services of the SDJ
- For responding to inquiries, etc., on the SDJ’s services (including the identity verification)
- For objectives incidental to those above
Provision of the personal information to a third party
The SDJ will not provide personal data to any third party without the consent of the user.
However, the SDJ may provide personal information to a third party within the range permitted by laws and ordinances, in the following cases:
- if there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining a principal’s consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs.
- If a request for disclosure of personal information is received from a court, public prosecutor’s office, police, or an organization with similar authority.
- if a user explicitly asks for disclosure or provision of information to a third party.
- if a personal data is provided accompanied with business succession caused by a merger or other reason, and is handled within the scope of the purpose of use before the succession.
- if permitted by other laws and regulations
Management of Personal Information
Necessary measures in order to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of its handled personal data.
The SDJ shall take necessary and appropriate action for the security control of personal data including preventing the leakage, loss or damage of its handled personal data. In addition, the SDJ educates and supervises employees to ensure that these measures are thoroughly implemented.
If outsourcing the handling of personal information, the SDJ shall strictly select and supervise contractors.
Corrective measures against the leakage, loss or damage of personal information
In the event of a leak, loss, or damage to personal information, the SDJ shall take prompt action and investigate the cause for further prevention.
The SDJ shall also report information about the accident to the parties and institutions involved to the necessary extent.
The SDJ shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws and regulations, and will handle personal information in accordance with the guidelines for the protection of personal information set forth by the government.
Outsourcing of personal information processing
The SDJ may outsource personal information handling work in part or in whole and shall be responsible for the handling of personal information by the party to which such work is outsourced.
Use of statistically processed data
The SDJ may create statistical data, which is processed so that it cannot be used to identify individuals, based on the personal information provided by users. The SDJ may freely use such statistical data which cannot be used to identify individuals.
This website (https://www.sustainable-destinations.jpmay transmit cookies to the computer of the customer through the SDJ’s services.
Cookies are pieces of information that are stored on the user’s browser during the website visit and do not include personal information such as the user’s name or email address.
- Google Analytics：https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=ja
- For Chrome：https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For Internet Explorer：http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For Firefox：https://support.mozilla.org/ja/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
- For Safari：https://support.apple.com/ja-jp/HT201265
Inquiries regarding complaints and consultations regarding personal information
For enquiries and complaints regarding the handling of personal information, or questions about the protection of personal information, please contact us via the help desk below.
Enacted as of Mar 1, 2022
Sustainable Destinations Japan
Contact for inquiries:
Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0027 3F, Nihonbashi Building, WAW Nihonbashi
Sustainable Destinations Japan